Basics of Electronics
Lesson-1-> Introduction to basic Electronics fundamental concepts.4 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson -2-> Introduction to Breadboard4 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson-3 -> Introduction to LED4 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson-4->Introduction to switches4 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson-5-> Introduction to Transistor and voltage regulator4 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson-6 -> Introduction to capacitor5 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson-7->Introduction to Relay and diode4 Topics|1 Quiz
Activity-1->How to turn on/off multiple LED’s using a slider switch4 Topics|1 Quiz
Activity-2->How to use transistor as a switch and amplifier3 Topics|1 Quiz
Activity-3->How to make a LDR project with transistor3 Topics|1 Quiz
Activity-4->How to make a charging and discharging circuit of capacitor3 Topics|1 Quiz
Circuit Connection of Transistor as Switch
1. Open this link (www.tinkercad.com).
2. Login using your gmail account.(Refer chapter 1 & 2 in Arduino coding course).
3. Click on circuit and then to create a new circuit.The default screen of tinkercad circuit designing.
4. Now search for Led, breadboard, slider switch, battery, NPN transistor & resistors in the search bar on left side in components area.
5. Drag and Drop all the required components in the designing area at the middle as shown below:
6. Now, Connect 9 V battery with the breadboard positive and negative rail and connect the another bus rail with this bus rail as shown below:
Note : For inserting or connecting wire with the component or breadboard, just click the hole or terminal of the component and you will see the wire appears and wherever you want to leave the wire just again click over at position.
7. Now place all the components on the breadboard as shown below:
Note : It is not necessary to use the same holes or position of breadboard and components which is shown in the figure.You can use as you want.
8. Let ‘s start making a circuit of Transistor as a switch:
- Connect a jumper wire from the Cathode of the LED to the Collector of the transistor. The Collector is labeled with the letter C.
- Now, to complete the circuit the emitter of transistor is connected to negative of battery via breadboard.
- Connect a terminal of resistor with Anode leg of Led and another terminal of resistor to positive of battery via breadboard.
- The circuit is yet not completed, Connect a resistor to the base of the transistor and connect a jumper wire from the other end of the resistor to the Terminal 2 pin of Slider switch.Then connect the common pin of slider switch to positive supply via breadboard. The current running from the positive rail through the resistor and base of the transistor is what activates the transistor.
Refer the below image for more clarification: